Concrete Deck Pricing Question

ml504

Apr 12, 2010
I'm reviewing the quote from a potential builder and have a question about the concrete. The standard price includes 5' of concrete around the perimeter of the pool but at the bottom of the quote it shows that additional concrete decking at $3.50/sq ft. Does this sound about right? Concrete in this area is running about $85/sq yard for 2500psi.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Bama Rambler said:
At $85/cu yd that works out to about $1/sqft just for the concrete and $2.50 to install it. Doesn't sound bad at all to me considering placing concrete is a labor intensive job.

Thats what i thought. Concrete is about the same up here, 85-90 a cu/yard. I'll say it again. In the south and where ever the OP is, labor is dirt cheap. Some poor fellows pouring and finishing are getting royally taken!

Thanks for the replies. I am located in Baton Rouge, LA. I will be posting up the details on my quote in another thread tonight to see if I am missing anything or should add anything...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.