My Results-What next

frustratedpoolmom said:
I'll just add it doesn't matter if its raining and it doesn't matter if it's deep end or shallow end - just mix it in well by brushing the pool.

I have found a way to get my stuff really flowing. I put in an return jet in the pool that is hooked up to the booster pump. I turn it on and boy does it really move the water. I pour whatever I need to in front of that and it is gone.

mynewpool said:
frustratedpoolmom said:
I'll just add it doesn't matter if its raining and it doesn't matter if it's deep end or shallow end - just mix it in well by brushing the pool.

I have found a way to get my stuff really flowing. I put in an return jet in the pool that is hooked up to the booster pump. I turn it on and boy does it really move the water. I pour whatever I need to in front of that and it is gone.

booster pump?

Is this something I could adapt my submersible pump country fountain to accomodate for more circulation at the far corner of my pool once the fountain is no longer needed. I only have one return jet and 38 feet of pool length...why oh why didn't I have that 2nd return put in with the new liner 2 years ago...?

I'm not attempting a thread hijack, but I'm still learning here..pm me if necessary.

Attachments

• P1011243 (320x240).jpg
    P1011243 (320x240).jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 76
poolgirl22 said:
mynewpool said:
frustratedpoolmom said:

booster pump?

Is this something I could adapt my submersible pump country fountain to accomodate for more circulation at the far corner of my pool once the fountain is no longer needed. I only have one return jet and 38 feet of pool length...why oh why didn't I have that 2nd return put in with the new liner 2 years ago...?

I'm not attempting a thread hijack, but I'm still learning here..pm me if necessary.

I will not be able to help you with your situation. My booster pump object is to run the polaris cleaner I have. I found when it does not have the cleaner hooked up it really moves water. I can not leave it on that long though as it will turn itself off. But for a few minutes it works great.

If I wanted to do the granular version of stablizer, could I just add it to a bucket of water and let it disolve and add it to the pool that way? I do not have any real way to be able to tie down a sock to do the sock way.

Also I do not plan on backwashing so can I add it directly into the skimmer?

Thanks.

By pouring it into the skimmer basket, you get to see how it is progressing and can slow down when you need to. If you pour without the skimmer basket you might pour too fast and block the pump strainer basket, which might cause trouble.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JasonLion said:
By pouring it into the skimmer basket, you get to see how it is progressing and can slow down when you need to. If you pour without the skimmer basket you might pour too fast and block the pump strainer basket, which might cause trouble.
I can attest to this from experience...
It. Is. A. Mess.

I see what everyone was talking about that he hardness up when mixed with water can get very hot. Now that I have added some hardness up, how long should I wait to test? Also when is it ok to add the CYA? I think if I can get my CYA up around 40 or so my chlorine consumption will not do much. Over a course of 2 days, my FC only dropped .5. The water is holding around 74-75 degrees so that could have something to do with the slow disolving of the FC.

JasonLion said:
It only takes an hour or two with the pump running for the calcium to mix in and be ready for testing.

Thanks. Should I wait to add the CYA or can I go ahead and add the CYA granules now? I added the CH about an 1 ago or so. Also does it matter time of day that any of this stuff is added. I not bleach is good to add after the sun goes down, but does anything else really matter?

On another note, I was at home depot and checked out their stablizer and it was not 100% cya. It was only 96% cya and 4% other ingridents. The one from the pool store was 100% cya so that was the one I went with. I did not check out the walmart brand to see what it had in it.

Well I just checked my CH level and it is great. I did the test twice. The first time I got 400 but I did not leave anytime in between drops. I did it again giving about a one second between each drop and got 320-330. I feel more confident in the second test than the first. With that being said, should I bring the level up to 350 or leave it where it is? To me now that I added the hardness up it seems the water is a little clearer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.