kenerator 3

If you want to answer a post, then you can either hit the "quote" button in the upper right corner of the post you wish to reply to, or you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and start typing in the box titled "quick reply". If you just start a new topic no one will know what you are talking about! Welcome to TFP, by the way!

Ok I think I got it thank you. Now how do you think can I fix these readings:
CL 5+ (I turned off chlorine feeder)
PH 7.7
FC 7.5
CC 0
TC 7.5
TA 400+ did not turn red -turned blue and I gave up at 41 drops (I did this test twice) same thing happened
CH 350
CYA 20

24ft round 52" Vinal Above ground pool
Hayward sand filter 1hp pump Raypak gas heater Hayward CL100 Chlorine feeder

Your CYA is a little low. I would raise it to between 40 and 50.

Your TA is either very very high or there is something wrong with your TA test. You should try it again, wiping the tip of the bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after every four or five drops. Sometimes the TA test goes from blue to yellow instead of from green to red.

JasonLion said:
Your CYA is a little low. I would raise it to between 40 and 50.

Your TA is either very very high or there is something wrong with your TA test. You should try it again, wiping the tip of the bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after every four or five drops. Sometimes the TA test goes from blue to yellow instead of from green to red.

Ok ill try the test again what do you suggest I raise the CYA with ?

You raise/increase CYA with Cyanuric Acid, sometimes labeled as conditioner or stabilizer.

Make sure that you are buying 100% Cyanuric Acid (or close to 100%).

You can purchase at Lowes, HD, pool stores, etc.

I think my Lowes had it for about $13 for 3lbs, but they were out. So, I purchased from my pool store @ $27 for 6lbs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.