BBB finally

Jul 20, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
I just want to thank you guys for all your help getting BBB method into my head. You made it very simple for me to understand and the pool looks Amazing. Hardest part was draining the pool. Here are my numbers as of now

FC 5
CC 0
TA 90
CYA 70
PH 7.6
borate 50
CH 220
I'm a little disappointed with the CYA hoping it would be lower after draining the pool. Considering I'm in the Az Desert, I understand that is a good number. My pool get direct sunlight until 5 pm. Everything else seems fine.

You are welcome!

Your numbers look good. The only thing I might change is CH, but only if you have a plaster pool. For plaster CH should be 250 to 350.

You might want to add your pool specs to your signature (done on the User Control Panel) :)

Yep, looks great! Like Jason said, if your pool is plaster, you might want to look at increasing the CH. But since you live in AZ, I imagine that your fill water has plenty of calcium in it and it will come up from topping off. Have you tested the CH in your fill water? That's something that is kind of a good to know.

257WbyMag said:
Yep, looks great! Like Jason said, if your pool is plaster, you might want to look at increasing the CH. But since you live in AZ, I imagine that your fill water has plenty of calcium in it and it will come up from topping off. Have you tested the CH in your fill water? That's something that is kind of a good to know.

Yes it is a plaster pool. Well that was a learning lesson for us. We always thought our fill water was Hard water, found out the fill is coming from our soft water system. I will get a calcium plus product to increase it. When we filled out pool, we pretty much diluted the CH from the water we left in there. We drained 75% of the pool. I was shooting for 250, but I guess we drained a little too much. its hard to figure out 75 % from a kidney shape pool.

gsmiley said:
257WbyMag said:

Yes it is a plaster pool. Well that was a learning lesson for us. We always thought our fill water was Hard water, found out the fill is coming from our soft water system. I will get a calcium plus product to increase it. When we filled out pool, we pretty much diluted the CH from the water we left in there. We drained 75% of the pool. I was shooting for 250, but I guess we drained a little too much. its hard to figure out 75 % from a kidney shape pool.

Most water softeners have a bypass you can use to fill the pool.

Is there a cheaper alternative to add calcium chloride to the pool. I've been to several places and its would cost me $40 bucks to add calcium to the pool. I know about the bypass to add hard water to the pool, just worried it will ruin the hard work to get the pool in BBB mode and the cost to drain the pool again.

Why not just leave the calcium alone? At 220ppm, you are a little low but not drastically so, so there is no emergency to be resolved.

Simply use the bypass feature on your water softener as you refill and your CH will increase naturally as long as their is some CH in your natural water.

If your CH begins to increase too much, simply go back to filling with the softened water.

Just wanted to show off the pool, again thanks for your help

pool.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow!! Beautiful!!

No one has mentioned this for a while but you folks who are somewhat "newbies" should submit your pics to Jason for the slide show on the home page. You'll get to see your own pool come across the screen every now and then. More importantly, Others will get a good look at the very nice work everyone has done.

duraleigh said:
Wow!! Beautiful!!

No one has mentioned this for a while but you folks who are somewhat "newbies" should submit your pics to Jason for the slide show on the home page. You'll get to see your own pool come across the screen every now and then. More importantly, Others will get a good look at the very nice work everyone has done.

Thanks, I'll check that out

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.