pump timer..

Apr 21, 2010
I have a pump in my poolhouse that is tied into a switch on the wall. If I wanted to throw a timer on that, what exactly am I looking for? I can handle light electrical work - is this something that is easy to install myself? How much will it cost?

It would be fairly simple to do. If you are light electrical handy, then it's merely a matter of purchasing the timer, shutting off the power to the circuit, disconnecting the switch, mounting the timer, and connecting the wires to the timer.

Intermatic makes mechanical pool timers that can be purchased pretty inexpensively. That should do the trick I would think.

If it is out of the weather and 110V, you want T101. If 220V, then T104. If exposed to weather, T101P or T104P (these have weather-tight plastic enclosures). Get two extra sets of trip keys, one to use to have two pump intervals and one for a spare when you lose one).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.