Hayward H150 pool heater

We are finally getting around to getting our H150 gas heater hooked up this for this season. We ended up with 1 2x20 solar heating panel. My question is for anyone using a 150,000 BTU heater for a 24 foot round. How is the actual cost of running the heater? I mean does this bill go up 100 dollars a month? 50 dollars? We are just not sure of what to expect with this. I am not sure if we want to setup something hat will be a money pit so to say.

Thank You

Well I have a 150 and a 21 ft pool and I love my water in the 90s and my gas bill was around $280 a month. I would usually run it once a week if I knew I was swimming the next day and continue to run it while swimming. My heater isnt a Hayward but its a Minimax 150

I have the hayward 150 and a 24ft pool. Mine is 6 feet deep in the middle so it is around 16,000 gallons.
In the spring and fall my gas bills are around $140 P/M but thats a little house heat too.
In the summer mos depending on good weather and cool nights it can be around $80 P/M.
Its the E-bills that rival or go above the gas for me though.
I am leaning heavy on switching to a 2 speed pump (same size) when running full bore is about 2 amps more efficient, and only draws 1/3rd of that at half speed for heater use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.