I have a older inground spa that was here when we got the house. I was working fairly decent prior to the old pump going out. There was the ocassional 1 or 2 jets sputtering. It has 4 jets, 690 gallons capacity, baker hydomite cartridge filter(100 sq ft), new 1 hp whisperflo, and a capped off blower 2" pipe since it just died also. There is a main drain at bottom, small skimmer 6" opening, and a 3 port ortega diverter valve. So here is the list of problems.
1. All jets turn on with good pressure than sputter and than just a good flo of water from them in that sequence.
2. Filter psi gauge says 24-25 jumps between those two. ( ordered new gasket and put new teflon tape on the gave t and threads
3. Filter fills up with alot of air quick
4. Skimmer has a swirl of water going in( no weir ordered already)
5. I had just put tape on the open blower to protect from debrees in the mean time till i heard hissing and sorta water gurgling sound from in there. I now put a cap on.
Oh i have 1.5 plumbing (spa and pump are 18 feet away) 4 90degree elbows. The blower piping is 2".