Liner Replacement

Mainly extremely poor customer service - they have never followed up once, I have needed to call them for updates, they scheduled measuring 4 times and never showed up, when I called each night after they were supposed to be there I got some story about something else came up or whatever. Then they keep trying to add on this or that to the original quoted price (bead lock, new padding, etc.) to jack the price up higher and want everything paid in cash (no check, credit card, or anything else).

Before I contracted with them I searched and everything I found seemed very positive, I don't know if I just got a bum deal from them or all the other reviews were faked or whatever.

When I quote a liner swap, I separate the liner, the basic install rate and add that because damages are often unseen on walls, hydrostatic pressure induces washouts needing repairs, wall foam, bead lock are extra. I give examples like wall foam, bead lock prices and that repairs are on a time and materials basis. It keeps surprises at a minimum and I have found that the homeowners appreciate the honesty up front.

When the unfortunate happens, its known up front. Lets take a case of a cement walled pool as an examble. The old wall foam is black from mold and deteriorating. Replacing the foam isn't difficult but does cost a few hundred bucks. Not because the foam is expensive but more because the adhesive is. Some go cheap and run a line across the top and let the foam hang. Not a good idea if the water table is high. Foam floats. The bottom needs to be adhered too. This keeps the foam flat on the wall. Scrunched up wall foam will cause a liner bead to pop out. Not a good thing. Sorry for rambling.

Scott

Scott:

Thanks for the reply. Our pool is pretty high so I am not overly worried about the water table, would you add bead lock in more than the corners (it is another add-on we can do to do all the way around as opposed to the corners which is included).

Thanks!

My use of bead lock is a decision I make when it becomes apparent it is needed. If the liner's bead won't stay, it gets put in and billed at the end. If it's been used before, the chances of it being needed again do increase some. It might not be needed for a couple years.

Scott

Makes my blood boil when i hear about companys pullin this Crud with ppl. If you were in my area id come out and measure today!

Me personally, i tell the homeowners up front, if the wall foam needs to be replaced it will be an extra $ xxx

I include minor patching and smoothing of the pool floor and bead lock in areas i feel need it, but not the entire pool.

Im sorry your going through this.

Backout if you can... if its this hard to get them to just measure, imagine what you'll go through if there is a problem once the liner is in??????

Unfortunately I believed all of the good reviews about this company and went with them. The install is re-scheduled for today so hopefully everything goes smoothly and we are all done.

Next time I am coming here first, no idea why I didn't think of that a month ago... :hammer:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Threaten to call the attorney general, that company is a registered HIC with PA. In reality the A.G. doesn't have much power but you might be able to scare them into doing things right. If they don't have any of your money just find someone else.

Sometimes the bead isn't fully inserted even though it looks to be. Reinsert it. You will feel it catch. If it's hard to pull up enough, boil a large pot of water and bring it to the area. Using a smaller pot, pour some of the hot water on pool side of the liner. This will soften the vinyl and make it easier to pull up and reinsert the bead. Splash cool water on the section when done. Repeater where needed.

If it happens again in the same places, there are cuttable 3' sections of lock made of a harder plastic available that are less expensive than a full roll. If it happens in other locations, then the rolled stuff is the way to go.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.