Help! Milky Pool Water

sgp

May 9, 2008
Portland, OR
I opened my pool this past weekend and there was a little algae, but nothing terrible. I got it all cleaned up and it looked great. There was some metal staining so I decided to do the ascorbic acid treatment. I had added 3 jugs of bleach to clear up the algae and the FC was holding at about 24 but I decided I would just add a little extra ascorbic acid if necessary. I added 2 lbs ascorbic acid, 10 ounces of polyquat 60 and a quart of metal magic.

The metal stains came off and the FC was about 5-6 but of course the PH an Alkalinity were low. The pool looked great after the treatment and I filtered 24/7. The next night I added 2lbs of baking soda to bring up the alkalinity and about 3lbs of calcium since the calcium was a little low.

The next morning when I got up the pool was milky looking. I have been filtering 24/7 and nothing has changed.

Here are my current numbers:

FC 5.5
CC .5
PH 7.0
Alk 70
CH 200
CYA 45
water temp approx 56

I know I still need to bring the PH and Alk up a little but does anyone have any ideas on how to clear up the milky water? Do you think it will eventually clear up on its own if I just keep the pump running?

Attachments

• ClearWater.jpg
    ClearWater.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 76
  • MilkyWater.jpg
    MilkyWater.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 76
I suspect that things will clear up in a day or two. Sequestrant can sometimes cloud up the water, as can adding baking soda and calcium on the same day. Either way, it should clear up in a day or two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.