Stuck PVC Threads

I connected our Kreepy Krauly to the skimmer intake using the threader connector supplied with the Kreepy Krauly. I screwed it in what I thought was not too tight but now a few months later I cannot unscrew it. It is a 1 1/2 threaded bottom piece of the Kreepy Krauly pressure connector that is stuck. It is located about 15 inches down the approximately 8 inch cylinder wall of the skimmer. I tried to use an adjustable wrench down the hole clamped to the edge but that does not give much leverage. I then tried a small strap wrench with a rubber strap but I could not get it connected because the handle is about 6 inches long and there is very limited room with the pipe which is offset to the side. Of course, everything is currently under water. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to loosen this connection?

I thought about draining the pool somewhat and then spraying some sort of lubricant on the threaded what I think is PVC connection. What lubricant would work to first loosen it but still not contaminate the water?

Man, do I hate that little blue fitting. Had the same problem, and my solution was kind of along the same lines as a rubber glove. Coated rubber (kitchen rubber gloves, nitrile, etc.) didn't work. Went to the grocery store and got one of those rubber jar lid openers. Worked great. I barely thread it in now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.