Fixing liner that floated and is wrinkled.......

Sep 19, 2007
N. AL
We are having our liner fixed. PB agreed to fix it at no cost to us except refill water, which we are fine with. We had to move field lines to put in pool. Old field lines were left running right into overdig. When it rained the rainwater went right to the gravel beds and to the liner. We have since fixed all this...dug down to all the old lines, put in strip drain and french drain galore all around the pool, pumps in a sump basin for really hard rains, all water is now drained away from pool and to drainage ditch at road. This has been a long process. But PB said when we got it all done he would fix the liner. Said he had never seen this issue before. But, we did call him to come see all the old field lines that were running water from the gravel beds to the liner. I also have pics of each day of our build and it clearly shows lines right to the overdig that were never taken out. So he is doing right by fixing it at no charge. He is trying to make it right and I have no complaints about him.

Should I be on the lookout for anything in particular? The liner has lots of substantial wrinkles, even on the slope and deep end. I assume they will be draining and resetting, but how exactly do you reset a liner? Will that damage our liner?

If the liner is new (which really means less than a year old) and it is a relatively warm day there shouldn't be any problems. An older liner would have problems, but relatively new liners still have a fair bit of stretch in them and ought to be fine.

A re-set is typically done by draining, removing the liner, and then installing the liner as if it was new. That means checking the surface the liner will rest against to be sure it is the right shape and free of debris, placing the liner, getting the top edge set into the track (or other mounting system), holding it in place with suction from one or more shop vacs and occasionally sand bags, and then filling the pool.

Two and a half years is getting a bit old for a re-set. It will normally still work if the installer knows what they are doing. But the risks of the liner tearing go up.

Your temperatures sound good. The warmer the better, but 70s is good enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.