dig 220 no display

Apr 21, 2010
Parrish, FL
I have a pool pilot dig 220 which was installed about 2003.
The display intermittently started going blank and now does not work. All fuses are good, circuit breakers on and have power. I wish I had a schematic for the system to diagnose the electronics and display. I do electronics diagnose and repair as a hobby.
Would someone have some info on what to do next. I think calling a tech would be last resort for me.
Thanks for any help.
Mike

Welcome to TFP!

I only have one relatively simple thing you can try. The cable connections between the main board and the display board are more likely to have problems than anything else. So you should examine the cables and make sure they are intact and remove and re-install the cable connectors in case they have become oxidized.

I do not think that schematics are available.

My followup. I called aquacal, explained the problem and what testing I did. they said I will probably need a new control/display board. Cost is somewhere between $500-$600. My system was installed in 2003. It would not be worth fixing this as the cell will not last let alone other components. At least I know the chlorinator is still working when the display is out. So I will be looking at a new system possibly Aquarite.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.