In ground vinyl liner replacement questions

Jun 24, 2007
Eastern NC
Hey all, been a while since I was on here. I noticed that around our pool in one spot there is what looks like a stretch tare about three inches long. I guess it is time to replace the liner. Is there a patch to use in the meantime?

1. What do I look for in a company for replacement.
2. I have no idea the cost and so how expensive is this going to be?
3. How long would it take to replace the liner?
4. Any one special type of liner over others?
5. Warranties?

Thanks,
Nick

PoolDad2 said:
1. What do I look for in a company for replacement.
2. I have no idea the cost and so how expensive is this going to be?
3. How long would it take to replace the liner?
4. Any one special type of liner over others?
5. Warranties?

$2000-$3000 for just a liner, but it varies regionally. Often you need some floor rework, and if any of your fittings or stairs etc. need replacing it's a good time to do that.

It's a one day job, but that can be delayed by how quickly you can get new water and how long it takes to get the old water out.

Warranties are usually on the seams.

You can patch your existing liner with a piece of the liner that was cut out for the drain or skimmer opening. Just glue it on. Boxer makes some excellent adhesives and patch kits http://www.boxeradhesives.com/products.html

Thanks for all the info.
Since the pool was here when we bought the house 8yrs ago and no clue where the previous owners are. I don't have the light or drain cutout. So I will just have to put a different piece on for a patch. If it gives me a little while longer for complete replacement then great.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.