Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: poolcalculator.com issues

1. Back To Top    #1

poolcalculator.com issues

Is anyone else seeing this, both Google Chrome and my Trend Antivirus are warning me that it is infected by something.
    Here is what google says about it: http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...hrome&hl=en-US

The site that my Trend blocked when opening the calc was <<<---DO NOT CLICK--->>> mainnetsoll dot com / grep

I believe strongly that I'm not infected and that the problem is over on the calculator....I'll copy this to an e-mail to Jason as well.....

-Chak

PS: I know you guys don't know me from Adam. Normally when I see issues like this I just move on, but you guys have all helped me so much over the last year I felt I had to let you know.
    290 Gallon fiberglass reinforced acrylic spa
    Cartridge filter
    Above Ground
    2 x 5HP pumps - unknown flow rate.
    Ozonator
    --------------------------------------------
    6800 Gallon 17' x 48" Vinyl above ground pool (Summer Escapes)
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: poolcalculator.com issues

I saw that today too and the first time I got a pop-up about my browser being old - I'm using Google Chrome.

I ignored the message.
    45,180 gallon 26' x 53' IG Vinyl, irregular shape. Hayward sand filter / pump. Polaris AutoClear SWG, supplemented with a Hayward Automatic Chlorinator (In-Line). Hayward 400K BTU heater. Paramount "turnover" system. Polaris 480 PRO cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Chakara, for the heads-up...just went to Pool Calculator (that I use ALL the time) and my Norton Anti-Virus did the same thing. I'm sure Jason will be on this quickly!! We HAVE TO HAVE our Pool Calculator.
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

4. Back To Top    #4

Unfortunately, the server that hosts http://www.poolcalculator.com was compromised and the site was hacked. I have restored a clean copy of the site, but the server is still vulnerable. I am currently working on finding out when the sever vulnerability will be fixed.

I am told that it may take as long as 24 hours for the warning to go away.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Why would anyone want to hack into the pool calculator!!??
    18' x 33' above ground vinyl pool, 17,800 gallons
    1.5 HP Hayward pump with sand filter
    Ruth and John in Buda, TX just south of Austin, TX

6. Back To Top    #6

It isn't a person. There is a program (virus/trojan combo) going around and infecting every site it can get at. It doesn't care who you are, it just tries every IP address. If it can get into the machine, it infects any web sites it finds. The problem is actually at my web hosting company, who is failing to keep up to date on their security patches.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

So sorry to hear they aren't protecting your awesome Pool Calculator, Jason! Unfortunately having to deal with viruses and trojans are a part of life online now. We really appreciate you so much for creating this invaluable tool for us, and know you'll get it worked out. Many thanks!
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

8. Back To Top    #8

Hi! This trend antivirus has some errors; for me it is very irritating and that's why I prefer something else. I recommend you to use this program kaspersky It keeps me away from things like this. Good luck!

9. Back To Top    #9