Best Pool Cleaner for Eucalyptus (or other large) Leaves

Bruben

Apr 20, 2010
I have a large Eucalyptus tree close by my pool and every time we have rain or wind lots of leaves land up at the bottom of the pool. If a Eucalyptus leaf stays on the bottom of the pool for 6 hours or more, it stains the white pool plaster.

I have a Hayward Pool Vac Ultra which works pretty well except for the leaves. As soon as 2 or more leaves or a twig are pulled into the bottom of the cleaner, it jams. The reason that it jams is that it has a turbine in the vacuum inlet that it uses to propel the feet. If the Pool Vac had a clear path where it sucks the leaves in, it probably wouldn't jam.

I'm looking to replace the pool cleaner with something more robust that can handle leaves without getting jammed as often. Perhaps a pool vac that has a clear vacuum inlet path. Any suggestions or recommendations would be great. Thanks....

I am not sure if any vacuum side has a clear path, how would it work if it did. The water flow has to turn something basically.
I have "The PoolCleaner" also, and it has movable vanes in it's turbine that can get out of the way of acorns, small twigs and will take largish leaves as long as they are not to stiff (leathery). The vanes pivot on the turbine so if something gets in there the vane just moves out of the way, basically.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.