Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pump cant purge air bubble.

1. Back To Top    #1

New pump cant purge air bubble.

I just bought a powerflo matrix 1HP and on the first run I noticed it won't evacuate all the air from the strainer. There is about a 5 in. diameter space of air in the dome shaped strainer cover when the pump is at rest and nothing I can seem to do to get it out. Is this a normal operating condition for this pump?
    11,000g, AG, aqua rite salt, Dough Boy 1.5hp, well water with some metal in it, and 2 beautifull oak trees that dump a ton of leaves into the pool.

I use TF Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pump cant purge air bubble.

A smaller pump can have problems completely removing all the air but it should do so eventually. See what happens over the next couple of days and/or stop and restart the pump and see if it goes away. Also, make sure the filter is backwashed. What was the filter pressure with the old and new pumps?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner