Nice site!

Apr 18, 2010
Greetings from the bluegrass state.....uh, Ya'll! I'm a kidney shaped gunite pool owner that inherited the pool with the house. We have lived here 15 years and the pool was built in the mid-late 1970's. I've painted it probably 3 or 4 times, replaced motor and pump (4 cartridge filter), Finally went with the salt to chlorine gadget instead of the chlorine and stabilizer route, and the pool has performed admirably every year. Now, I'm really sick of replacing the tiles that fall of of the strip every year so am looking for a solution in the under construction forum. Lot's of good advice and good ideas on here. The experience of some of the folks on here is invaluable!
mrbillky

Hi, Bill,

Welcome! I saw that post in under construction and wasn't sure how to reply. I can't picture anything that would "fill in" or "replace" the void where the tiles fell off.

What I can tell you is that they are falling off because they have not been installed properly. Most likely enough waqter is getting behind them, freezing, and popping them off. Tiles done correctly will stay on indefinitely regardless of the weather.