Plumbing Cost in Houston

Apr 19, 2010
We are in the process of building and want to move our pumping station approximately 80 feet to the other side of the house. We live right outside of Houston. The pool we are building is 38x13, 91 perimeter, pool area is 414. There is no spa but we have 3 x 1' sheer descents. The quoted over 4K for the placement move. Is this right? I do not understand what's all the costs? I have asked but the guys mentioned all these lines that have to go through the pump but when I had it moved 20 feet originally it was quoted an extra 360. Can someone explain? Also is there a disadvantage to having the pump station further out? We were quoted Whisperflow 2HP Pump, upgrade Pentair Intelliflow Filter Pump.

If we do not move it will sit by our bedroom or in the middle of yard. We have small yard with big easement.

Thx in advance.

The costs for moving the equipment pad vary quite a bit depending on how much equipment you have, distance of the new location from your main electrical panel, and what is in the way of where the trench will have to run. Pipes, electrical, and possibly gas connections need to be moved. It can all add up. The price you were quoted could be very reasonable if you are getting new pump(s) and have a gas connection that needs to be moved. However, the actual costs depends on so many details that it is difficult for us to give you a definite answer.

If the original move was made before the system was actually installed then $360 extra makes total sense. If that was done after the original install then you got an amazing deal.

The further the equipment is from the pool the more important using large pipes becomes. With appropriate pipe sizes, running 100 feet or more is fine.

Getting new pumps when moving the equipment pad is not usually necessary, though it can be required in some situations. If you tell us more about what you have now, both pump(s) model/size and water features (spa, waterfall, etc) we could give more specific advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.