agp replacing liner!!!

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
I have 24 ft-52 wall,10 yrs old on second liner..Decided to do it myself.Pulled old liner out ,sand was wet from leak in bottom.going to replace this weekend..I was going to let the sand dry up some..I wanted to add some more sand to it to smooth some area's out..?on putting liner back in.I watched the pool guy's do it the past time's and they are in the pool spreading it out...Then I have heard not to get in the pool..do it from outside...any suggestion's would be very helpful

In the next few weeks as the temp get warmer you should be able to dry out the sand and if you turn it a bit it will help to dry out, and will start smelling better. You can add more sand but I would still suggest drying out the old before installing the liner. Good luck with your pool

Welcome to TFP!! (Both of y'all :handshake: )

You might want to wait another week to install a new liner. In that time, you can get more detailed 'how-to' advice from the members here (including myself) and be sure that you get 10+ years out of this new liner :)

When I installed mine, it was compacted and wet <not soaking> so when I was in it smoothing out the liner, it supported my weight and did not leave foot prints.

That's just my observation. I'd do it again that way if I had too. :goodjob:

I left it lay out, yes. Mine is an overlap liner. I spread it out in the pool and hung it over the walls, started filling it with 2" of water and shut it off. I'm a stickler for wrinkles. I hate them! I worked that liner for a couple hours and when it was near my satisfaction, I topped her off. Every couple hours, I'd go around the pool and stretch the liner over the walls to prevent wall wrinkling. I do have some parallel wrinkles on the wall but ignore them for my sanity. :mrgreen: There aren't many. My floor is as smooth as a baby's bottom! :goodjob:

Some pics real quick...
I spread it out.

Ignored child labor laws...

Hung the liner...

Started filling...

Worked the wrinkles out...

Paid the kids back for helping mom... I let them play in it.

I also burnt the motor up in the shop vac. It was worth it! :mrgreen:

Had to remind the boy that girls are made of sugar and spice.

I had to get in on the fun too!

Looked so good!

Topped her off, finished her up and it was on... Just don't know what the heck happened to the water color. :shock: :lol:

Hope you enjoyed the pics. IMMV.

Well, we got the bottom fixed& liner in &water going...today is overcast and sun broke out this afternoon..I layed it in around lunch and just started with the water..Been working the wrinkles on the floor.I just hope the overlap in the sidewalls at the bottom,hope they go away some..They are calling for bad weather this weekend and I didn't want to have a really big mess with my sand...I have a beaded liner so there is no pulling on the walls..

When I put my new liner in last fall, I had a terrible time getting the wrinkles out. My PB told me not to worry about it. "It'll be fine. Just keep filling." Since I trust this guy, I did what he said, and just kept filling overnight. By the next morning, as the weight of the water stretched the liner, all the wrinkles had pulled out. I hadn't had any wrinkles on the walls, just on the floor. This probably wouldn't work with an overlap liner, but worked great for my beaded liner. I hope your luck is as good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm conerned that the liner is not fitted properly in the pool as of last post.seem. Bottom seem for bottom to sides are not aligned correctly..Have no extra materal on one side compared to the other..I just turned the water off

If you look at the picture's that casey posted,it look's like ..but on one side there is no overlap!!!!!take and pushed it back to the wall and there is still overlapping!!!just concerned if I should drain water back and pull liner over to the end that has no overlapping or just fill it up and let it go?????

Casey's liner is not beaded, it's overlap, as far as I can tell. It's conceivable that it is a "J" unibead, but it doesn't look like it. If your liner is indeed overlap, you need to ensure that it is overlapped evenly all the way around the pool. You won't be able to move it much once it's full.

A beaded liner and a unibead, by nature hang evenly all the way around the pool because of the way they are made.

A beaded liner has a separate plastic channel that hangs over the side of the pool that the bead snaps into. Refer to this URL to see a description of each.

http://www.poolsupplies.com/parts/above-ground-liners.asp

I don't have but a little water in it...I hung the liner but I didn't make sure the liner had the same amount of loosness all around..The problem is had my deck side and just didn't pay attention.....I believe I'm just going to clear the water back out and redue...I would rather make sure now before I fill the thing all the way up...I have a beaded liner..I'm just concerned that the loosness in the liner is not the same all the way around so by the time the water is full in the pool that most of the liner will fit perfect but I will have a part that will be wrinkled up.

The bottom seam is not spaced evenly around the pool..Well,you learn from your mistakes atleast I noticed before filling it all the way up..I have been looking at some site's on the internet and it refer's to making sure the seam is spaced evenly and that is my problem

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.