Best way to trim a solar cover?

A friend of mine gave me a new one, uncut, after he figured out his pool was garbage. I laid it square over the top of the pool, and just started with an edge in the pool, flush. Scooted another edge in, and cut the 3rd edge. Final edge was a bit tricky, and kind of crooked. But it's just constant readjusting, to make sure it's not wrinkled anywhere. I was fairly pleased with the outcome. But yes, good scissors.

i was told when they built my pool, is to put the solar blanket on for awhile before you cut it because it may grow in size a little or a lot.. and then you can cut it after a few days... they came back and did it and just cut it with scissors. works great.

Yep, mine expanded (de-wrinkling, warming up in the sun all day, whatever) and I needed to re-trim after a week or so. and over the winter it was clearly an inch or two short in the long direction. But it's easy to cut.
--paulr

Easiest way I have seen.

Lay solar blanket out over whole pool area.

Tape it off to deck, or place heavy weights on it and the decking.

Grab marker, trace around the outside edge of your pool.

Remove and cut on your line. Razor knife works wonders for getting a smooth line.

Voila.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.