My testing number with my TF kit

Hurricane Gio

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2010
Coral Gables, FL
let me start out with so fat my water has been doing great with the basic kit I got form the PB.

My chlorine was around 2.8 when the pool store guy told me to super chlorinate with my SWG and raise the output from 10% to at least 45% as we are getting hotter here.

Well, my TC test went to dark orange to brown after and I knew the water was messed up.

So I ordered a TF-100 kit and here are my numbers today:

FC 23.5
CC O
pH 7.4
TA 110
CH 325
CYA 60

Turned the SWG to 0% to get the TC down and will test every other day.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Hurricane Gio said:
let me start out with so fat my water has been doing great with the basic kit I got form the PB.

My chlorine was around 2.8 when the pool store guy told me to super chlorinate with my SWG and raise the output from 10% to at least 45% as we are getting hotter here.

Well, my TC test went to dark orange to brown after and I knew the water was messed up.

FC 23.5
CC O
pH 7.4
TA 110
CH 325
CYA 60

any suggestions?

Thanks
Wait.

Knowing that you killed anything in the water ought to bring some peace of mind.

Richard320 said:
Hurricane Gio said:

FC 23.5
CC O
pH 7.4
TA 110
CH 325
CYA 60

any suggestions?

Thanks

Knowing that you killed anything in the water ought to bring some peace of mind.

LMAO! I know that! Well, I gotta drain the pool a bit today from all the rain. But I will keep the SWG off until its normal again.

BTW, the water is CRYSTAL clear!

Mixing chlorine from bleach with chlorine from the SWG is just fine.

The issue with shocking is that shocking is faster and uses less chlorine if the FC level comes up quickly. A SWG can't bring the FC level up quickly, it is designed to add chlorine slowly and steadily. If you have algae, the SWG and the algae go back and forth for some time before the FC level gets high enough, if it ever gets high enough. Using bleach you can raise the FC level very quickly, which kills the algae off sooner and with less total chlorine.

JasonLion said:
Mixing chlorine from bleach with chlorine from the SWG is just fine.

The issue with shocking is that shocking is faster and uses less chlorine if the FC level comes up quickly. A SWG can't bring the FC level up quickly, it is designed to add chlorine slowly and steadily. If you have algae, the SWG and the algae go back and forth for some time before the FC level gets high enough, if it ever gets high enough. Using bleach you can raise the FC level very quickly, which kills the algae off sooner and with less total chlorine.
Thank you from a Newbie! And people wonder why I became a Lifetime Supporter! :whoot: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.