Re-Start and First Set of Numbers...HELP!

hawkeyes

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2010
Dallas, TX
Ok...so the acid wash is complete (looks GREAT and all stains/scaling are gone). :cheers: PB did the restart on Saturday. I was told to wait until the end of this week and add 11 bags of salt. I got my new test kit out and did my first reading this morning. Will this ever get easier b/c I felt like I was all thumbs trying to do this. Will take sample in to Leslie's later this morning to compare results. Here are the numbers I am getting:

pH 7.5
FC 12.5 (huh?????)
CC 1.5
TC 14
TA 130
CH 260
CYA 70

HELP!

With a CYA of 70 already, get those pucks outta there! Switch to liquid chlorine till you get the SWCG operating.

Your testing ability will definitely get better. Remember practice makes perfect. The more you do it the better you get. :)

Don't be surprised if Leslie's numbers are quite a bit different than yours.

Bama Rambler said:
With a CYA of 70 already, get those pucks outta there! Switch to liquid chlorine till you get the SWCG operating.

Your testing ability will definitely get better. Remember practice makes perfect. The more you do it the better you get. :)

Don't be surprised if Leslie's numbers are quite a bit different than yours.

OK!! Getting the pucks out right now. Will the Leslie readings likely be different b/c I am a novice and mis-read some things or b/c they always have different readings?

Pool Store numbers have a reputation of not being very accurate. I'm not saying they're gonna be different, just don't be surprised if they are and don't assume yours are wrong. If you have a difference just retest yourself if in doubt.

Bama Rambler said:
Pool Store numbers have a reputation of not being very accurate. I'm not saying they're gonna be different, just don't be surprised if they are and don't assume yours are wrong. If you have a difference just retest yourself if in doubt.

Gotcha. Will post their results later today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.