Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re-Start and First Set of Numbers...HELP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Re-Start and First Set of Numbers...HELP!

Ok...so the acid wash is complete (looks GREAT and all stains/scaling are gone). PB did the restart on Saturday. I was told to wait until the end of this week and add 11 bags of salt. I got my new test kit out and did my first reading this morning. Will this ever get easier b/c I felt like I was all thumbs trying to do this. Will take sample in to Leslie's later this morning to compare results. Here are the numbers I am getting:

pH 7.5
    FC 12.5 (huh?????)
    CC 1.5
    TC 14
    TA 130
    CH 260
    CYA 70

HELP!
    22,000 gal IG Pool & Spa, Fountain and Spa Spillway, Penatair IC-40 SWCG, Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Cartridge, Antigua Blue Wet-Edge

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Re-Start and First Set of Numbers...HELP!

Did anyone add liquid chlorine?

Alk is a bit high as is combined. Keep the Free Cl level up and it will drop soon.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Did anyone add liquid chlorine?

Alk is a bit high as is combined. Keep the Free Cl level up and it will drop soon.

Scott
    There are some chlorine pucks in my skimmer baskets.
    22,000 gal IG Pool & Spa, Fountain and Spa Spillway, Penatair IC-40 SWCG, Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Cartridge, Antigua Blue Wet-Edge

4. Back To Top    #4

With a CYA of 70 already, get those pucks outta there! Switch to liquid chlorine till you get the SWCG operating.

Your testing ability will definitely get better. Remember practice makes perfect. The more you do it the better you get.

Don't be surprised if Leslie's numbers are quite a bit different than yours.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    With a CYA of 70 already, get those pucks outta there! Switch to liquid chlorine till you get the SWCG operating.

Your testing ability will definitely get better. Remember practice makes perfect. The more you do it the better you get.

Don't be surprised if Leslie's numbers are quite a bit different than yours.
    OK!! Getting the pucks out right now. Will the Leslie readings likely be different b/c I am a novice and mis-read some things or b/c they always have different readings?

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool Store numbers have a reputation of not being very accurate. I'm not saying they're gonna be different, just don't be surprised if they are and don't assume yours are wrong. If you have a difference just retest yourself if in doubt.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Pool Store numbers have a reputation of not being very accurate. I'm not saying they're gonna be different, just don't be surprised if they are and don't assume yours are wrong. If you have a difference just retest yourself if in doubt.
    Gotcha. Will post their results later today.

8. Back To Top    #8

Glad the stains are gone
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com