multiport valve noise

Oct 31, 2008
i have had 2 haywood multiport valves that are making the same noise almost sounds like there is air in the valve that doesn't clear out, kind of anoying. seems like it woould be fairly quite operation. any suggestions?

As far as I can tell my Pentair MPV makes no noise at all. Since you have two of them doing it, it sounds like something in the system causing it. If it is air it has to be getting into the system somewhere and I'd start by trying to resolve that. A high flow rate will also cause some valves to make a noise. Have you changed anything recently (besides the MPV's)?

Tell us a little more about your equipment. Hopefully someone here will have experience with the cause of your issue.

only thing i am a little concerned with is my installer installed a 1 1/2 multiport valve and my pump is 2 inch, then plumbing had to be reduced down to 1 1/2 inch coming out the pump i know that had to increase pressure but that is all. when then valve cracked at the gauge port i just replaced it with another valve just like it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.