Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: multiport valve noise

1. Back To Top    #1

multiport valve noise

i have had 2 haywood multiport valves that are making the same noise almost sounds like there is air in the valve that doesn't clear out, kind of anoying. seems like it woould be fairly quite operation. any suggestions?
    12,500 IG Concrete Pebble Surface
    1 HP pump with cartridge Filter - Electric Heater
    4 Jets - Main Drain
    SW Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: multiport valve noise

As far as I can tell my Pentair MPV makes no noise at all. Since you have two of them doing it, it sounds like something in the system causing it. If it is air it has to be getting into the system somewhere and I'd start by trying to resolve that. A high flow rate will also cause some valves to make a noise. Have you changed anything recently (besides the MPV's)?

Tell us a little more about your equipment. Hopefully someone here will have experience with the cause of your issue.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

More details please. A pic of the equipment pad and plumbing would be helpful. Descriptions are needed too. Otherwise we are just guessing wildly.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4

only thing i am a little concerned with is my installer installed a 1 1/2 multiport valve and my pump is 2 inch, then plumbing had to be reduced down to 1 1/2 inch coming out the pump i know that had to increase pressure but that is all. when then valve cracked at the gauge port i just replaced it with another valve just like it.
    12,500 IG Concrete Pebble Surface
    1 HP pump with cartridge Filter - Electric Heater
    4 Jets - Main Drain
    SW Florida