Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Small water leaking from Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Small water leaking from Filter

I have newport filter. When I started the pump and filter, water started coming out from where the multiport meets the filter (above where the clamp is). It is not too bad but it should not be happening. I am sure that there is a gasket there (not the multiport gasket). How can I fix this without messing with the plumbing? Or is this even the problem?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Small water leaking from Filter

That picture is a little close but it doesn't look like you have unions in that pipiing. If you don't then you're going to have to cut the pipes to remove the multiport and replace the seal. While you've got the pipes cut I'd go ahead and install unions in them. That way next time you need to do maintainence it'll be easier.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Small water leaking from Filter

Yeah, the piping does not have unions. I would love to avoid cutting the pipes because I am not very experienced with plumbing and probably do more harm than good. I called our local pool shop but they are going to charge $90 per hour to come out. I would rather find a different option but may not. Do you know what that gasket is called?