new pool new water

Apr 4, 2010
Anyone I Am scheduled to get my new 18x33 AGP installed in two weeks.I had an 18 round soft side for four years so I have a Taylor test kit and learned to use BBB . I recall other than shocking for algae breakouts not having to use but around less than a jug of walmart bleach every two or three days.I think there was around 5000 gals of water.This new pool will be 14000 or 15000 gals .The fill water will be city out of a hose..Any speculation on what will be required gallon wise on the new pool and when can I expect to start chlorinating the new water probably right away huh.thanks for any thoughts.The pool has a two speed 1hp and a 150 sf cartridge is this enough sf?

Yes, the pump/filter should handle it great - run it on low 24/7 and you'll be very satisfied.
I use about 1 large jug of bleach per week. Perhaps 2-3 cups every day/every other day... your demand may be more if you don't cover the pool, or if you have a higher bather load. But it should be less than 2 jugs a week if you maintain the CYA at 30-50. :) Yes, you can add bleach the first day.

Enjoy your new pool! :)

Thanks frustratedpoolmom:

I and the grandsons can't wait to move up to this pool I actually enjoy the pool care and this site is great. The pool salesman really was concerned about our safety using BBB LOL .I know he's gotta make a living but pool chems are like printer ink they'll practically give you the printer if you'll buy the ink.thanks again

He was young early twenties and he probably has never had a pool to use BBB and a real test kit to confirm that you don't need anything else.Besides they make money selling pool chems also wanted me to buy an Ionizer to sanitize.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.