Pool Cover Hole

snewo

Jun 7, 2009
An hour NW of Philly
I have a small hole in my solid safety pool cover that is allowing the water that sits in the cover to mingle with the pool. It's maybe 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch and "L" shaped. I'm obviously not pumping it out since that would ultimately pump out the pool water. Looking under the cover the other day everything looked fine. I open in 3 weeks....so my question is:

Do I need to worry about the water in the cover that is starting to get algae in it mingling with the pool water, or am I safe as long as no sunlight is hitting the water of the pool?

I figured I would leave everything alone until the opening. My plan is to add bleach immediately once the cover is off (there will be about 24-48 hours from cover removal to pool startup. I will mix the bleach into the pool by hand to the best of my ability.

Then it'll be time to fix the cover.....and go swimming of course.

Sound good?

The odds of getting algae are higher in this situation, but there isn't much you can do about it. About the best you can do is to add chlorine to the pool as soon after taking the cover off as possible, which should be before the algae has really gotten started in the bulk pool water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.