Request for Pictures of Rolled up Solar Blankets Please

geekgranny

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 20, 2009
North Central Texas
After reading many posts I've decided that the color of the solar cover I want to get is not a huge factor as I'm only going to be using it at night, removed every morning when dogs go out to that yard.

So................. I'm most concerned about what the cover looks like on the reel when it is rolled up.

Request for pictures of your solar blanket on reel (or even rolled up and not on a reel) please.

Thanks, gg=alice

I'll try to get a pic of ours in the morning both on the pool and on the roller. We just got back home so I went out and put ours on a few minutes ago 8:40pm. It literally takes 5 minutes to put it on and take it off.

Here a few.
Cover on pool.
Photo0004.jpg

Rolled up over pool.
Photo0007.jpg

Rolled up and swung off to side of pool.
Photo0009.jpg

Maybe this will give you an idea of how it looks.

You always want to cover the solar cover when it is rolled up. If you don't the cover will absorb a lot of heat without the ability to cool itself (because it isn't in the water). You will cause your cover to degrade doing this. The air bubbles will start to pop and the cover itself can come apart too.

So it really doesn't matter what the cover looks like rolled up. The better question is what color is your cover to slip over the rolled up solar cover. They are usually white because that reflects the most amount of light and heat so the cover doesn't absorb as much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.