TF100 numbers

caljw

Mar 27, 2010
San Diego
My kids are calling me a nerd :shock: and I feel like a boy at Christmas...my TF-100 test kit arrived!!!!

Here are my initial numbers.....2 months following new plaster.

FC...5.5
CC...0
TC...5.5
pH...7.6
T/A..130
CH...300
CYA..40
Temp.70

Plan on adding acid to lower pH and get the T/ A down then aerate. On the right track?

Those numbers look good.

Your TA is a little high, but that isn't normally anything you need to worry about. If you continue lowering the PH down to 7.2 any time it gets high, the TA will eventually go down and that should be good enough in most cases. If you have a SWG and/or have a waterfall that is on every day there is more reason to lower TA right away.

How does your water look? :)

Unless you have an SWG, your TA is fine where it is. Just monitor the PH and keep it under 7.8 with acid. Target 7.2 if you have trouble lowering the PH.

Otherwise it looks great. :) On the right track!

Jason and I were typing at the same time.... :mrgreen:

Hey guys thanks for the feedback....no SWG using 12% chlorine. Will continue to pick away at the pH. Jason, the water looks amazing! :)
One question about the CH test, the only one that had me a little worried. Sample didn't really turn blue...more like clear with just a hint of blue....added another 5 drops after 30 just to be sure and it didn't change any further.

Thanks again for all the work you all put into this site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.