Wait did I just buy the wrong test kit?

M

mccusaf

I logged on early this AM and bought the mini TF test kit because I already have the standard Walmart Chl/PH test kit. But while I was doing dishes this morning I had a sudden thought-- isn't the general consensus here that the Walmart Chlorine test kit doesn't accurately show above 5 ppm (which mine doesn't other than turning the brown/yellow color of course) and that this is not a reliable way of making sure I've reached shock level?

So I'll get my new shiny test kit but I still won't be 100% following the rules around here for getting my water clean because I won't truly be sure of my shock level. . .

Is that right or do I need more coffee?

Thanks,

Nicole

Well I did but here is the part that concerns me:

It does NOT contain the OTO chlorine test and (this is important) it assumes you already have a pH test. If you do not already own a pH test, this kit may not be a good value for you. That said, you can always go to WalMart or a Pool Store and buy an inexpensive pH and OTO tester (around 5-10 dollars) and your needs will be complete.

My Walmart test only measures up to 5 ppm. . .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.