Question about booster pump

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
I was running my pump and booster pump at the same time. I was using the booster pump to aerate to bring down TA from 220 to around 100 or so. The reason is my Ph seems to raise pretty quickly over a couple of days. I can drop it to around 7.2 and in 2-3 days it raises back up to around 7.8-8.2. I am using the pool calculator to determine how much acid to add to drop the Ph level. My chlorine levels do just fine. Over the same amount of time, the FC only drops maybe 1-1.5 and this pool is in direct sunglight. So I had the booster pump running for about 30 minutes and then it just cut off and would not come back on. I checked the breaker and it was not tripped because the pump was still running. I waited about 10 minutes and the booster pump came back on. There is not a timer attached to it, so does this mean the booster pump just got hot or could there be other issues. When I run it with the polaris attached to it, it runs with no issues at all and has never cut off. It seems when I am running it without the polaris, it seems to be much louder. I am thinking maybe since I had a return in the booster pump place it was putting out too much pressure and cut off for safety reasons.

Here is the booster pump I have.

http://www.cshincorporated.com/product_ ... ts_id/3316

Attached is a picture of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 44
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.