First time posting numbers

Nov 13, 2009
Carlsbad, CA
This is my first time posting test results. I know I should spend time reading over the site for my questions to find the answers but I have been too swamped to find the time.

SWG 27,000 gallons, plaster
Pool temp 61

FC 4.0
TC 4.0p
pH 8.0
TA 70
CYA 20

sorry I don't have the CH

What should I add to fix these numbers??
I know the pool needs muratic acid. I add it often and it seems to need it all the time.

I'm running the SWG at 70%.. is this too high?

TIA!!! I really love this forum and appreciate all the help.

I'm off to Home Depot now to find a screen or net to hopefully prevent these persistent birds from building a nest inside. It's creating a huge mess in the pool and the babies will most likely have to be fished out after they fall to their death.

With your CYA, you have to run the SWCG hard to maintain chlorine. Check your owners manual for your SWCG, and you'll probably find that they recommend something around 70ppm CYA, which will allow you to significantly reduce your SWCG run %. This will also probably cut down your frequency of adding muriatic acid as well, because the SWCG drives your pH up, although your new plaster is the primary driver for your pH.

You need to maintain your pH and CH as directed by your pool builder for the curing of your plaster.

Jenny-

Do you have the Pool Calculator? I would strongly suggest you get it if you don't. With everything that you have learned through the process and here on the 'page, it will absolutely be money well spent!

Get it, learn it, and get that beautiful new pool of yours ready for summer :party: :whoot:

Thanks everyone.

Our pool builder just told me to add acid and salt if the red light comes on!

I have been testing the water but I'm clueless as to what else needs to be added.

Thanks Bruce :-D Where do I get a pool calculator? I know I saw something about it on this forum?

frustratedpoolmom said:
The Pool calculator is in my sig, and its free. Maybe Bruce meant the app for an Iphone or something?

Either the free one or the iPhone app :-D I use the app on my iPhone every day, and don't know what I would do without it (am I allowed to endorse it here?!)!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jennybug35, it is very critical that you stay on top of your pH. Please test every day or couple of days and add muratic acid as needed. I have it down to a science and I test every weekend and I know just how much to add till my plaster cures. I have heard that it takes up to a year or two till it cures. I stock up on MA and find that HD or Lowes is the best place to purchase it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.