Please help with test results and some questions.

Can you post a pic of the "cap thing"

What time was the a.m. test done - was the sun on the pool yet?

My gut tells me that you should keep it at shock level for one more night because its still very cloudy - but I think you are in the home stretch!

I was able to get some pictures. BUT, I haven't put any chlorine in the pool yet because when I turned the pump on it was leaking around the cap a LOT. It's worse than it was earlier this morning. I know I need to have the pump on to have the water circulating with the chlorine, but I'd be losing so much water, it doesn't seem like a good idea to have it running now.

Below is a picture of the cap up close, a picture of the whole pump for reference (you can see the cap on the bottom), and a picture of the pool so you can see what the water is looking like.

100_6307.jpg

100_6308.jpg

100_6310.jpg

I THINK I may have figured out my leaking problem. My husband called the pool place in town and they said to bring the cap in to let them look at it. So I went out and took it off and noticed there was sand sort of stuck in the threads of the cap. So, I simply rinsed it out, put it on, and started the pump up. No leak. I'll go out and check it a little later and see if there is still no leak. I'm hoping it was that easy!

Hi!

The pool still looks pretty good, but cloudy. Though, it isn't quite as cloudy as yesterday.

We leave for vacation EARLY in the morning tomorrow. My brother will come over to check on the pool for me a few times while I'm gone. A few questions about what should happen...

What chlorine level should I have him keep it at? How often should I have him check it?
We do have a timer for the pump. How long each day should we run it while we're gone?
Any other advice? I'd hate to lose all the progress I made over the last week and a half!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.