How does the ladder not tear holes in the liner?

Jeff74 said:
Just as the topic asks. How does the AGP ladder not tear a hole in the liner on the bottom where it makes contact? I am a new AGP owner and am really paranoid about tearing it up. Thanks.

Your pool store will sell a rubber mat that you can put on the bottom of your pool and then put ladder on top of it. This is what I do. My ladder is also plastic and has rounded edges but the mat is about 1/8 inch thick and protects the bottom of my pool. I suggest getting on if you are worried about it, or just want a bit of added protection...I have kids who use the ladder for jumping into pool or getting onto rafts...so my ladders gets moved around a lot.

frustratedpoolmom said:
Yeah, my sand under the spot where the ladder rests has dipped from the weight of folks standing on it but the liner is fine. I did go out and get a rubber mat like Beave suggested just as an extra precaution.

It really for me is just piece of mind or is that peace of mind? I never really know which is more important...a piece of mind or having peace of mind...Poolmom Help??? :hammer:

Still my favorite way:
ladderfeet.jpg

I have found that easest&the cheapest way is to use bath tub mat's.Get the one's that have the suction bottoms...They stay were you put them at.Last year I put a new ladder in and decided buy the mat they sell.What a waste. I got tired of trying to keep them under the ladder and went and bought another bath mat.I do replace them every year..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.