Hello all, sorry for this long freaking post. I have been off and on the board for a while getting ideas and getting ready to do something with my pool.
Long story short, I was going to remodel my pool last year but like so many other was laid off with the fun economy and all. Needless to say all plans immediately halted as the family went into conserve mode.Thankfully I now have a new and better job now so pool plans can continue.
I have owned this house/pool for the past 6 years, pool was on it's last legs when I got it, things have not improved....yet.
The pool was built in 1978, I have the original plans and specifications (even the building permit!!) from the previous owner.
All equipment is original from 1978 except the pump.
Here is what I have:
22k IG gunite pool.
16'x34' - 535 sqft
1 main drain with 1.5" copper pipe.
2 Skimmers, the kind that connect through the main drain. (I only have 1 suction line from the pool)
Master-Supply Turbo Clean in floor cleaning system: 5 stations, 2 heads per station. (Each station has 1.5" pipe, this is my only return to the pool, can't bypass)
52 sqft DE filter w/separation tank. Old Sta-Rite with 10,000 bolts around the edge (haha)
2 HP Single speed pump.
250k BTU Laars Teledyne heater. (has only been used 3 times in 30 years, never by me)
Attached spa w/spillover (3.5' deep)
Spa drain is 1.5" copper pipe
Spa has 4 jets from a single 1.5" copper return
Spa has a Master-Supply Air bar system with a 1 hp blower.
Pool had a solar heating system installed sometime in the early 80's, panels broke at some point and were removed from the roof. 2" PVC supply and 1.5" PVC return lines remain in place and are capped off on the roof.
I will post pictures of my existing system in the next post. For now this is what I have planned to do:
1. New filter - already bought (craigslist) a used hayward 72 sqft de filter in good condition.
2. New pump - have a spare (used) 2 hp single speed pump I bought off a friend a few years ago for $100, in good shape.
3. SWG and Automation - thinking of the Aqua Logic Plus, two birds one stone
4. Spa Blower - new or pick up used from craigslist
5. Heater - keep and try to clean up for re-use
6. Solar - Maybe wait for next year.
7. In floor cleaner - new water valve and retro fit pop-up replacement heads. This item alone is like $700
8. One of the skimmers doesn't work (pipe clogged?)
9. Pool has a leak from a failed patch that I need to repair.
10. Clean out as best I can the drains and returns, lines are filled with algae and gross stagnant water (filter and pump died 2 years ago)
11. Air bar in spa is cracked - scratching my head on this one (see pics in next post)
12. I will hit the pool and spa really good with a pressure washer, I was advised against acid washing.
Let me know what you guys think.