Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool R&R

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool R&R

Purchasing a SWG in the near future.
    Have a 22k IG that i want to convert.
    Leaning towards the Goldline Aqua Logic Plus for a few reasons.
    1. Less $$.
    2. Automation included.
    Automation is an important factor for me, buying a stand alone SWG and also an automation system would be too cost prohibitive.

Does anybody know if the Auqa Logic Plus plays nice with variable speed pumps?

I have a 2hp single speed but might be moving to a variable speed in the future. I know the Auqa Logic will accomidate two speed pumps but I am not sure about the variable speed.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool R&R

AquaLogic supports the Hayward Tristar variable speed pumps.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok thanks, how good are the Tristar pumps? They seem to be quite a bit cheaper than the intelliflo pumps.

4. Back To Top    #4

The TriStar is a good pump, but probably not quite as good as the IntelliFlo. The IntelliFlo has a higher inherent efficiency, a higher peak HP, and has been around for longer. Normally I would recommend an IntelliFlo, but getting it to work at more than one speed with a non-Pentair automation system is both expensive and more work than it ought to be.

At one point there was a rumor that the ProLogic/AquaLogic series was going to support the IntelliFlo without the expensive Pentair adapter box, but I don't see that claim anywhere any more.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School