Pulsating returns

Hurricane Gio

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2010
Coral Gables, FL
When my pump is in low speed, one of the returns is kinda pulsating and making tiny bubbles at the surface. When is Hihg-speed mode its fine, but the floor returns start to pulsate.

Its a new pool and will call the builder on Thursday to check it out.

Pulsing is usually caused by air getting into the pump strainer basket relatively slowly. The lid of the strainer basket is the first place to look, but also check that the water level is high enough on the skimmer(s) that no air is being drawn down the vortex. If that is alright, you need to look for somewhere else that air might be getting into the plumbing between the skimmer(s)/main drain and the pump.

JasonLion said:
Pulsing is usually caused by air getting into the pump strainer basket relatively slowly. The lid of the strainer basket is the first place to look, but also check that the water level is high enough on the skimmer(s) that no air is being drawn down the vortex. If that is alright, you need to look for somewhere else that air might be getting into the plumbing between the skimmer(s)/main drain and the pump.

Thanks Jason. I checked all that and nothing. I will contact the builder to have them look at it.

waste said:
Of course, I overlooked that its a new pool and the PB should diagnose and correct the issue :hammer:

Please let us know what Mr. PB says :)
Well, they said it could be a few things:

A clog somewhere in the pipes

Chlorine being generated by the SWG (Yes, my chlorine in over the top now)

Air in the system.

Well it stopped yesterday after I reseated the the lid on the pump and open the cartridge valve and released water as it filled.

No I am not sure which it was. But the PB is rated very high as their tech/warranty :!:

So I am not sure which it was. But the pulsating and the champagne bubbles on the surface are gone. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.