Is this a bleach stain on the liner?

buddywiser

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2007
Morgantown, WV
I normally pour the bleach in over the jets, but in the past I've had other people pour it in for me when I'm away. This stain was here last year and I'm not really too worried about it as the liner is nearing 15 years old. This stain goes from the top to the bottom in the deep ind and there is a distinct outline from where it is not stained.

I'm assuming that its bleach related but thought I'd throw it out here.

Attachments

• DSCN1340.JPG
    DSCN1340.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 157
  • JPEG Image (5140).jpg
    JPEG Image (5140).jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 151
I doubt it is from bleach. If anything, the liner would be lighter if bleach was damaging it. It could be that you have some metal that is being precipitated by the high concentration of chlorine when you pour the bleach in at that spot. Try a vitamin C tablet on the stain to see if it is metal.

Well, I never did get around to doing the Vitamin C test. I picked up a Jack's Magic ID kit to see if that would tell me anything. I put some of the Stain Solution #1 (Iron, Cobalt + Spot etching stuff) in a pantyhose and dropped it in the pool. It left a clean streak on the wall as it went down. That stuff must work pretty well. I see you can get it in 1 and 2 pound jars. How much would I need to treat 24K gallon pool?

Are there other options/recommendations?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.