Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: INtroduction and question

1. Back To Top    #1

INtroduction and question

Hey everyone! Novice pool owner, new to this forum. I just bought a used AGP 15' round, I believe it is an Atlantic Pool Esprit II. The pool was disassembled and moved last Sat. and my question is about the used liner. This pool was only a year old, and a steal at $250 but I would still like to reuse the current liner.
    Could I patch the entire skimmer hole and return hole with a large patch before reinstalling? I'd still would re-position to the originsl spot as much as possible, yet feel this will give some play room and reinforce things as well.

This is a great forum, I feel I've picked up a lot of knowledge just by reading, and am looking for user opinions rather than pool shop owners who would like me to buy a liner.

Any ideas? Thanks, looking forward to responses.
    15' used Atlantic Esprit II pool 52" to be installed
    Sand Filter, 1.5 HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: INtroduction and question

Welcome to the forum. That may or may not work. Depending on the condition of the liner and your skill level, you might be able to accomplish it.

I wish I could be more encouraging but I would guess your chance of success at less than 50%. That said, if it fails, you will have little invested and a good learning experience. Post back and let us know what you decide.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi, Pumpkin! and welcome to TFP.

You will have the best chance of getting the used liner to work if you wait until a hot sunny day to attempt to install it.

I am not sure whether you are better off patching the skimmer/return holes before or trying to match them...

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP! I'm looking forward to hearing how your project works out.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the responses! At a local pool store today they did advise that if I decided to patch, rather than trying to match the holes it would be better to act as if it's an intact liner and cut new holes in an area away from the old holes. He also mentioned he might have some scrap pieces of liner to use as patches. Nice to know he's not just trying to sell me a liner...
    15' used Atlantic Esprit II pool 52" to be installed
    Sand Filter, 1.5 HP pump

6. Back To Top    #6

For about another $250-$300 you could get a brand new liner...and have a brand new pool for about $500 if this liner re-cycle doesn't work...I don't want you to think all is lost if it doesn't...You would more than likely pay more at the pool store.
    Beave
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer