How much time do I have?

May 12, 2008
East of KC, MO
Hi, I tested the pool water today through the skimmer (still covered w/ mesh cover and leaf net) and here are the results:

FC: 1
CC: .5
Ph: 7.2
TA: 80
Temp: 61

I am just so busy for the next week at least, so don't know how quick I can get to opening it up...so I was just wondering what you all thought in regards to the above numbers, and if I can wait another week or 2; or if there's anything I should do in the meantime.

As always, thanks!

With the water above 60 degrees, there starts to be a significant chance of algae. Depending on the weather over the next week or two, and your luck, you could start getting algae. If you have the super fine mesh that blocks almost all the light the odds are lower than if you have regular mesh. But the chances of getting algae still rise quickly as the water gets above 60 degrees. Of course you can always get rid of the algae later.

Thanks for the responses! Temps are supposed to be in the 70's for about 2 more days, then into the 60's for a few. Overnight temps will be in the 40's, so perhaps that will slow any algae activity down. Good call on the circulation comment...considering that my test water was basically at the surface (reaching through the skimmer), there is a very good chance that water could be more diluted since it is a mesh cover that lets all my rain water through. I am hoping that things will be OK to hold off until next weekend, the 24th, as I don't think I will find anytime to take care of it quite yet.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.