Goldline Controls, Pro Logic controller question

bwright42tx

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2008
Not sure if this the right location for this or not, but hoepfully someone can help me. I have a GoldLine Controls Pro-Logic control system for my pool/spa. About 6 months ago, the valve acuator for the pool/spa suction quit activating when the unit was placed in Spa mode. Essentially this placed the unit in "Spa Spillover" mode. I thought the actuator was defective and went and pruchased a new one, however the new one did not function either. So I started experimenting and found that actuator would work prperly if I plugged it into the "return" spot instead of the "suction" spot.

So I was able to determine that for whatever reason the suction actuator is not being activated by the control module. I am hoping that someone with some knowledge of the control systems can help me either A. figure out what is wring with the suction relay/control, or B. reprogram the unit to activate optional vave 3 when the pool is placed into Spa mode, so as that would solve the problem too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan, I HOPE I can help you :)

I can make it happen when the unit is in front of me, but can't do it without pictures :oops:

{SHUT UP ALL YOU WISEACRES!!! :hammer: }

If you get me a pic of the valves and the panel connections, I can probably help you this weekend, when we (hopefully) both have time to deal with this. (We may have to talk on the phone, I'll pm you my phone # when needed :cool: )

Thanks. I will get some pictures posted before the weekend, and we can figure out what we need to do as far as phone calls and such. Already I have learned this "controller" can do so much more than is apparent from the user interface, if only I could find a detailed programming manula...their installation guide was a bit confusing to me, but maybe if I printed it and read it instead of trying to read it on the screen. . .

Okay. Here are the pictures I have of the equipment. Hopefully this al;l makes sense Alternatively I may just call a pool guy to come "fix" whatever is wrong with the system, as I am having problems with the ozonator as well, and that is either a byproduct of the other problems with the controller, or a blown transformer in the unit itself, or a burnt out light bulb. . . .

This is the "return" valve where it switches from the pool returns to the spa jets.
return.jpg

This is the "suction" valve where it switches between the pool drain/skimmer and the spa drains (there is a manual valve to the side where I could switch between full pool drain - to full suction side cleaner or anywhere in between but I replaced the suction side cleaner with a polaris 3900 recently).
suction.jpg

this is the control panel/brains of the whole operation
control.jpg

here is a close-up of where the wiring for the valves attaches to the control panel (the return valve is connected to the one labeled "return" and the suction valve is now connected to the one labled "valve 3" because the one labeled "suction" is no longer functioning)
closeup.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

That goes to the old valve actuator before I replaced it, once I discovered the actuator wasn't the problem, I left it because I eventually want to use that actuator (after a little replumbing) to automatically switch the booster pump between the water fall and the polaris.

I'm pretty sure it all boils down to a programming issue. Once I figure out how to program the controller to activate valve 3 to "on" when the pool is in spa only and spa "spillover" mode, and "off" when the pool is in "pool" mode, my probem will essentially be sloved.

After additional research it doesn't look like what I want to do is possible/feasible. I will have to have the unit serviced, I just hope the solution isn't to replace the unit. It appears that it is only the "suction" valve acuator control that is broken, but I am not sure that is something that can be repaired.

OK, hold on a minute.

If all you want the 2 valves to do is turn at the same time every time, I can help you :angel: Simply slice the 2 cords together into one input :hammer:

It's the programming and 'group functioning' that I have to stand in front of the unit to successfully do :oops: All you want to do is include valve 3 in the pool/ spa changeover. Call Goldline and tell them that valve 3 is solar and you want the valve to automatically turn to use the propane heater when you go the spa mode (it's a lie, but they'll be able to tell you how to include valve 3 as a group function).

You may want to try this before calling in the expensive guys :wink:

Thanks. I never thought of that. I did contact them with the original problem, and of course they told me to contact the expensive guys. . . .but if I re-phrase it as a solar question that should work. Thanks for the help/suggestions. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.