Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Island Build.

1. Back To Top    #1

New Island Build.

Pictures coming soon. Im constructing a 13'x8' 80 degrees V shaped island. Planning to have a Pergola shading attached to the island.

Frame - Hybrid materials.
    Pressure treated wood base
    Wood 2x4 frame with Steel stud for Heat zone framing.

Equipment list.
    Jenn-air 39inch built in grill 4 burner and 1 sear burner.
    Turbo STS built in dual side burner.
    Sink with faucet.
    Refrigerator - Sanyo Stainless steel undercounter mini.
    2 x 30x12 pull out drawer Black powder coated
    1 12x24 access door Black powder coated
    1 5 drawer roller tool chest built in for more drawer space

Finish
    Hardybacker covering with Stucco exterior finish
    Tile or Stone tile counter top.

Utility
    Natural gas, Water, Electical, Drain.
    14000K gal 400sq ft w 6x8 spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050, Pentair cart filter, Pentair Master Temp, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Easy Touch 8, wireless control. 3x intellibrite LED light. Pentair Kreepy Krauley Sand Shark. Solar Panel Plumbing. 2 x 24 inch arc sheer 24" spa spill way.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Island Build.

Is it just me, or did anyone else miss the size of the plasma TV??!

3. Back To Top    #3

Some Pics of the framing.
    Hot zone framing

80 degrees V shape frame. My yard is angled funny that way.

Grill
    14000K gal 400sq ft w 6x8 spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050, Pentair cart filter, Pentair Master Temp, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Easy Touch 8, wireless control. 3x intellibrite LED light. Pentair Kreepy Krauley Sand Shark. Solar Panel Plumbing. 2 x 24 inch arc sheer 24" spa spill way.

4. Back To Top    #4

If I were you I would change the pieces of pressure treated lumber that touch the ground with Trex. Pressure treated wood that is allowed to get wet will rot before the rest of the unit is ready to be replaced. Trex would keep most of it dry.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

5. Back To Top    #5

I would replace ALL of the wood with metal. Here in Louisiana with high humidity, I chose not to have any wood in my island, even treated wood. If your stucco or tile over the wood frame, expansion of the wood due to humidity may cause cracks. A full metal frame won't expand and will last forever.
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

6. Back To Top    #6

Pretty dry here in So Cal. Not worried about pressure threated old rotting. The footing will be seal.

Got it mostly covered up now.

7. Back To Top    #7

Nice!! Any more pics?

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes, I just finished the counter top and test fitted equipement.

9. Back To Top    #9

WOW it looks great, we just intalled an outdoor kitchen in the Dolphin Bar and Grill and we love it. Keep the pics coming.
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    WOW it looks great, we just intalled an outdoor kitchen in the Dolphin Bar and Grill and we love it. Keep the pics coming.

I tried to go to your link showing your pool build but I got a warning saying the file is infected.
    14,700 gal. 14 x 28 rectangle with 2R IG by Hydra Pools, 1 hp Hayward Maxflow ll, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Aquarite Electronic SWG, one Aqua Genie Complete Skimmer, two main drains, four returns, 2 spa jets in steps, 30ml Tidewater liner. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu07

I tried to go to your link showing your pool build but I got a warning saying the file is infected.
    I just pulled it up from the link and I did not get any warnings. I have not posted pics of the new outdoor kitchen yet. Hopefully tonite I will upload some pics.
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu07

Malibu07, I just posted pics of our outdoor kitchen new-outdoor-summer-kitchen-in-the-dolphin-bar-and-grill-t25245.html

13. Back To Top    #13

fast forward,
    I put together a outdoor fireplace with blocks.
    For Everyone else, this is more entertaining than the BBQ island since more people enjoy this feature.
    about 240 block and misc travertine stone.