Do I need to lower TA?

jmlodin

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 26, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Recently opened our pool and it looks great! Crystal clear water. I am wondering if I have to lower TA at this time. Not sure of the potential problems with a higher TA. Here are the numbers.

TA 150
PH 7.6
TC 8.0
FC 8.0
CC 0
CYA 35

Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you are having trouble holding pH in range. If you are having trouble with pH rise, just work on keeping the pH in the lower part of the range and your TA will drop over time.

You didn't list your CH level. If it's not high as well I wouldn't worry about the TA unless you're having issues with pH changing rapidly. Like John said if you keep adjusting your pH down with acid as needed your TA will come down a little each time.

With CH and TA that high you have the possibility of scaling so I'd go ahead and work the TA down some. That'll help prevent possible scaling issues. Unless of course you want to drain some of your water to bring the CH down. :) That is if you don't have high CH fill water. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.