Do you find pool care relaxing?

baudilus

Jun 23, 2009
Toms River, NJ
So apparently my pool is quite large and requires a lot of care (or so people think). Every time a guest asks how long it takes to care for my pool (which will decrease dramatically this season thanks to BBB), I tell them it's usually about an hour per week, and they are surprised when I say I find it very relaxing - especially skimming, brushing, and even vacuuming.

Am I odd because I enjoy gently brushing my pool walls? I can't be the only one! I'm not generally an "outdoorsy" type, but I take care of my lawn too and find that relaxing as well, and nothing feels better than a job well done.

Your not the only one! I also find pool care relaxing, I enjoy doing things around the house outdoors. My favorite part of pool care is vacuuming :shock: The reason behind that is when I manually vac the pool, sometimes I strap on my scuba gear and slowly move through the pool. It's easy to see every last little bit of crud from the bottom, and the best part of it is that nobody can bug me about other stuff while I'm down there :goodjob:

I love saturday mornings... before everyone in the house gets up... working on the pool just after the sun comes up.
The deep blue sky reflecting in the pool, the sounds of the birds... quiet... peace.

There is nothing better then that.

I to find it very relaxing and rewarding, Its my alone time!!!! I usually do it in the evening if i can, i get an Adult drink and head to the pool. Of course i get in after I am done. Ten minutes of work and an hour of fun. How can you not think thats relaxing. So no your not alone!!!!

Pool care is Zen!

I sold the robot cleaner because I missed the vacuuming. Even that one time some years ago when the pool turned into a swamp cleaning it up was relaxing. I knew what to do, did it, and found personal satisfaction and pride in the process and result.

Yes, definitely a relaxing stress buster.

While I do not find it relaxing, I do not find it a chore. The way I look at it, I am out enjoying the sun and my pool anyway, what is the big deal if I am vacuuming, sweeping, emptying skimmers, etc. I am still outside enjoying the sun, and the reward after I am finished is (as Matsercard would say) PRICELESS!

I enjoy cleaning my pool. I have found that it is easier to get everything out when I am able to get in the water and clean some stuff on the bottom such as leaves and such. I usually enjoy skimming my pool every day or every other day.

Yep.

Sometimes I feel like I should be singing O Sole Mio and dressing up like this

gondolier.jpg

Generally when I get home at night, I grab something to drink, the paper & mail, and my test kit and head for the pool house, stopping to grab a water sample along the way. Test the water and kick back for a few before getting busy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm the opposite. I find it aggrevating. It's just another chore I get stuck with to appease my wife and roommate, tacked onto my 80+ hours/week at work and other house projects that keep getting pushed back.

Now.. when it's clean, that might be a different story.

baudilus,

What do you do for a living (or most of your day)?
Myself, I am an IT Manager (I work with computers and frustrated/demanding users all day.)
Maybe because maintaining my pool is such a different experience then what I do for the balance of my time is why I enjoy it so much...

-Ken-

I am a Tier III technical support engineer, also dealing with computers. My day is sometimes stressful, but not always.

I do find that I have seasonal moods though, so maybe it's just the weather that makes me feel happier, but I find that working on my pool gives me alone time to think. No one ever offers to help though, which I prefer. :)

Any of ya'll want to come over and "relax" on Saturday AM? I will supply all of the "relaxing" equipment you will need.

Personally, I will assist by consuming all the boring, tedious beer that's in the fridge......I want to do my part! :mrgreen:

denisbaldwin said:
I'm the opposite. I find it aggrevating. It's just another chore I get stuck with to appease my wife and roommate, tacked onto my 80+ hours/week at work and other house projects that keep getting pushed back.

Now.. when it's clean, that might be a different story.

:-D

You haven't had much of a chance to relax lately, I know. Once things fall in line though, it'll be better. Hang in there!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.