Anyone have experience w/ WaterlevV Auto-Fill System?

maxxis

Oct 3, 2007
Seattle, WA
Since I can't afford dealing with a pump failure, given the fiasco I recently posted about,:shock: I'm seriously looking at the following device: http://waterlevv.com/products.html. :|

Are there any others similar products that folks might be aware of that they could recommend that would serve this purpose?

Because I don't have anyone to help me take care of my pool and I travel, I'm now deathly afraid of having my hard earned investment going up in smoke as it nearly did recently with the pool half emptying itself w/o explanation. I would like to have some automation capability like having a system that shuts off the pump in situations where the pump loses flow to the inlet, or via an external temperature sensor attached to the pump because the impeller is just churning the little remaining water in the pump basket.

My setup: 30K, Intellichlor, EasyTouch 8/Controller, Whisperflow 1hp 2spd, Triton II 60, Jandy Solar Actuator

The thing I noticed about that one is that it doesn't have a way to shut the pump down in case the water level got too low. Jandy makes one that fills and has a realy output that can be used to shut the pump off and I'm sure there are others.

I thought that was what the purpose of the sensor was that sits in the skimmer. It sends a wireless signal to the control valve that fills the pool. Is that not correct? The intriguing thing about that sensor is that it's capacitive, i.e. no moving parts.

Thanks for the tip on the Jandy, I'll research it!

You're right in that the sensor tells it when to fill but it would be nice to have it shut off the pump in case a) it didn't fill as it was suposed to or b) you lost more water than it could keep up with.

You could always add a flow switch to the suction line to stop the pump when it saw a low/no flow condition.

My pool man (a friend) told me to buy a WaterlevV-IGW-6000 to automatically fill my exsisting pool for him to install. Upon reading the comments in this forum about this item, I am now worried it might fail and cause my pump to burn out. Someone said to buy a Jandy instead. I am buying this in May 2011, and I noticed your other comments are previous to 2011. Would this still be a potential problem with this 6000 model in 2011?
Thanks,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.