Beadcrete or Wet Edge Technology products anyone?

From_Arizona

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Glendale, AZ
Has anyone used or viewed a beadcrete interior on a pool? I am looking at this product as I expand my decision across an agregate interior. I am no longer sold on Pebble-tec since they only warrant product for 5 years (per manufacturer) and charge a premium. Looking for comments on the following:

BEADCRETE - www.beadcrete.com/pools.html (10 year product warranty)
WET EDGE - Pearl Matrix www.wetedgetechnologies.com/pearl_matrix.htm (15 year product warranty)

Wetedge...

I will be having the Wetedge Satin Matrix in Midnight Sea applied in I am guessing the next two weeks. If you don't have to make a decision until then I'll get some photos and a basic review of the look and feel. I am still a few weeks off before we could swim so I would not really be able to speak to the feel after swimming. But let me know more specifically what your after and I will see what I can do to help out. If I remember correctly we went with the Satin as opposed to the Pearl because it was a smaller pebble or stone. The pearl looked like it could cause some of the foot issues after swimming that some people mention that Pebble-Tec can cause. It is different everywhere but the wetedge pearl was not much more than plaster and the satin was only slightly more expensive than the pearl.

Jeff

I read this and was a little upset as we are constructing a new pool and will be installing a Pebble-Tec finish. I e-mailed Pebble-Tec and they do warranty their finish for lifetime, not five years.

dschlic1 said:
I read this and was a little upset as we are constructing a new pool and will be installing a Pebble-Tec finish. I e-mailed Pebble-Tec and they do warranty their finish for lifetime, not five years.

Hi there - please get it in writing from pebble-tec! Maybe your installer provides a lifetime warranty, but that means your installer must remain in business. This is the email response I received from Pebble-Tec in July, when I inquired about their product. They backed the product in the past, but it was less than 5 years after install. They are the leaders in agregate, but I wanted a written warranty with so many competitive products at a lower cost.

Hi Julie XXXX Thank you for your interest in Pebble Tec and Pebble Sheen
brand pool finish.

There is a standard five-year warranty on the materials and workmanship. The
warranty statement may be either issued by your contractor or written into
the contract. Attached is a sample warranty certificate. As the finish has
been installed in the U.S.A. for 20-years and it is possible for the finish
to last that long.and maybe longer, some companies offer a longer term of
warranty. Training and Quality Materials set our products above the others.
Our reputation for going above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction
with the quality of the installed finish is unmatched. The "licensed
installers" have received training and follow up quality control visits from
Pebble Technology. In addition, Pebble Technology has quality control over
the source of the materials so that we can provide pebbles that are
consistent in size and color. Many of the pebbles in Pebble Tec and Pebble
Sheen finishes are found in sources such as a stream, ocean or dried river
bed, where they have been smoothed by water over time.

Also, please check with your builder for a copy of their warranty as
warranty statements may vary.

Pebble Technology, Inc. provides samples to the Licensed Applicators and the
Pool Builders. If your Pool Builder does not have samples, please ask him to
contact Pebble Technology and ask for his area representative. Also, they
should be able to refer you to a display pool where you may see the surface
in a completed pool filled with water to best evaluate the color and texture
of the pool finish.

You may visit www.pebbletec.com and click on "locate an applicator" to see a
list of all contractors installing the Pebble Tec finish. PEBBLE TEC is a
federally registered trademark and only companies licensed by Pebble
Technology, Inc. may install the PEBBLE TEC brand pool finish.

CR Hunt
Customer Service
Pebble Technology, Inc

Bets of luck to you if you have it in writing. I do like the pebble-tec product, but would not committ to it again since they could not provide me a copy of the warranty. If they would have provided a copy like this, I would have gone with pebble-tec, unfortunately Ms. Hunt did not provide this copy and gave me different info. They lost a customer over the info. I thought it was a fairly straight forward question when I asked for a copy of the warranty and I received the email I did. I was only looking at installers for pebble-tec that they approved via their website, but biggest concern was manufacturer backing product.

I now have Beadcrete, which has similar agregate size glass beads and pebble, a premium product that cost about the same as pebble-tec. The manufacturer and installer both offer written warranty information and it should last as long as pebble-tec. Please don't get me wrong, I am not bashing pebble-tec, it is a really nice product. My point is that the manufacturer provided me different warranty details than you received, that to me is suspect. If you have it in writing, you should be fine since pebble-tec is a reputable product and the company stands behind it.

Wet Edge or Beadcrete.....anyone have any luck with either of these products. Does anyone have the wetedge products in their pool like the primera and if so what do you think about it?

All help is appreciated, Thanks

I've seen several pools with Beadcrete. Prior to seeing it, I was all but sold on it, even knowing it was a substantial upgrade over DiamondBrite/Pebble-tec. I saw a few pools and even though I wanted to love it, I was less than impressed. Apparently, there are some issues with it and it is VERY difficult to get an even application, and a lot of the aggregate will eventually come off, leaving voids.

The installs I saw (one done or supervised by the distributor), were not quite like the photos I had seen. It is very beautiful, but in my opinion not really worth the premium. I would be a little worried about the longevity based on what I've seen and heard.

My pool builder is one of the few Austin companies who have used it, and while they think it's beautiful too, they have a lot of concerns with it as well. To me, the fact that you get very few responses when asking about it should tell you something.

In the end, we went with Midnight Blue Diamond Brite, and while we have a ways to go to get to the true color, I couldn't be happier with that choice...http://theaustindude.blogspot.com/

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wet-Edge and Beadcreate are in two different categories of pool plaster. I install both products. I think any one who is shopping for a pool plaster should buy what can afford. Both products come out great. I have pics on my web site of both being installed.

PebbleConcepts.com

Re: Wetedge...

I will be having the Wetedge Satin Matrix in Midnight Sea applied in I am guessing the next two weeks. If you don't have to make a decision until then I'll get some photos and a basic review of the look and feel. I am still a few weeks off before we could swim so I would not really be able to speak to the feel after swimming. But let me know more specifically what your after and I will see what I can do to help out. If I remember correctly we went with the Satin as opposed to the Pearl because it was a smaller pebble or stone. The pearl looked like it could cause some of the foot issues after swimming that some people mention that Pebble-Tec can cause. It is different everywhere but the wetedge pearl was not much more than plaster and the satin was only slightly more expensive than the pearl.

Jeff

Jeff,
Hello my name is Rodney we are planning on doing wetedge satin matrix midnight sea in about 2 weeks. Any REGRETS or are you happy with it? Also if you have any pics it would be greatly appreciated

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.