Pool Salt

Mar 22, 2010
Goldsboro, N.C.
I have been looking to purchase pool salt for my newly installed SWG. I need to purchase about15 bags. The only options i have found close to home is Diamond Crystal Pool Salt or Morton Pool Salt. Does anyone have a preference or any experience on either? Positive or Negative?

Thanks

Diamond Crystals from Ace, Costco or supermarket. It will have a few rocks in it, though. The pellets don't. Dump and brush, dump and brush!

I need to add 29 bags of salt to my pool to get my SWG up and going...I was dreading the thought of carrying all those bags...then a light bulb went on..well maybe a night light at least.

Anyway...I have a friend that owns a ready mix cement company, and they care both 99.9% pure liquid calcium chloride and fine granular calcium chloride. THey use it in cement mixes to slow the curing process...anyway....I have used this as driveway melt for years...would this work for getting salt into my pool?? I can have him deliver it in 50 gallon barrels if need be, and in the liquid state would be super easy to mix into the pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Glad you asked.....I have a Compu Chlor SWG unit that is manufactured in Australia, and the SWG's that are manufactured over (or I guess under) there require around 5200 - 5500 PPM salt...not the usual 3200ppm that the U.S. brands recommend. My pool is 25,600 gallons...so to hit a level of 5500ppm, YES I need almos 1200 pounds

Dan

The average level at which people can start to taste salt is around 3,000, with fairly wide variation around that. Some people taste salt at lower levels, some only at higher levels. By the time salt is up near 5,500 nearly everyone can taste it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.