Green Pool+New Owner=BAD

Didn't see the progress I'd hoped for over the weekend. I managed to keep the FC lvl between 12 - 15 since Friday night. Ran FC test as close as I could to hourly everyday. Water has not changed alot, but some ( can see leaf net deeper that before ). I will do the overnight FC drop test tonight, I figure this will give me some kinda Idea of where I'm at.

FC = 15.5
CC = 1
ph = 7.5 (last check before shocking began)
TA = 50
CYA = 20

Checked FC & CC this morning before the sun came up. Here are the results of the Overnight test.

Last night:

FC= 15.5
CC= 1

This AM:

FC= 10
CC= 1

According to Pool School this tells me I've got more Shocking to do. So I added more Chlorine before leaving for work.

I think this is taking longer because the leak in my liner won't allow me to run the pump overnight. It leaks off enough to get just at the bottom of the skimmer and my pump starts sucking air. I guess this is where I need some of that Pool Owner Patients.

constant circulation while shocking is really essential - do you have a submersible pump or can you borrow/rent one so that you can circulate overnight? (I don't know the details of your leak - are you in the process of repairing it? all that dilution will throw off your chems... is that on another thread?)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.