Spring contest: Name your Pool Cleaner

We have a polaris 360 and we call it " Boopy's Favorite Toy" :mrgreen:
Boopy is the name of our cat and she is very curious moving to the edge of the pool looking at the polaris when it is on :-D However you should see the look on her face when the polaris decides to swing the tail out of the water and squirts her face with water :shock: :shock: :shock:
What great entertainment :whoot:

DSCN0784.jpg

My pool cleaner is a Zodiac Ranger. I would like to say I call it the Lone Ranger, but I usually call it by its nickname, Dammet. "Dammet its stuck on the ladder again!" "Dammet another acorn has clogged the intake and parked it in the middle of the pool!"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ours is Pedro, and he's a Polaris. We keep our Polaris in a trash can and our hose in another trash can. They are not near our regular trash cans but in 1993 after we had just moved here, we had not put everything in its proper place. Our teenage daughter was in charge of getting the trash together and putting it at the street. Well, you can guess what happened. I sure did hate to tell my husband that our fairly new Polaris was then part of a landfill. The old one was called Pedro, too.

We have an AquaBot Turbo T2......we call it.............wait for it..................

Robby......not too original but we talk as though he is a person.

"You get Robby in the pool yet?"

"Yep, Robby started about 8 am" :party: :party:

When our PB was here putting the pool in, they had a helper named Alex... Long story short, Alex always did the clean up at the end of every day. "Alex! Clean it up. Alex! Pick it up. Alex! Put it in the truck." SO, we decided to pay Alex a little tribute since ours was the last pool he was gonna install with this company. (He moved on....hmmm, wonder why...)

So, since the very first day,,,,,our vac (Polaris 280) has been called, you guessed it,,,, Alex!

DMAN

I have a Pentair Legend called "FlopBot". Does a really good job, but it doesn't have much room in our small pool, plus there are angles in the pool instead of curves, and it's a challenge. It runs over it's cord all the time, no matter how I adjust the floats :grrrr: Anyhoo, the way it would move or scoot across the floor of the pool on its cord reminded me of when my cat scoots her rear across my carpet, which I HATE and I call it "going flop-bottom" or "flop bot" for short. Ugh. :rant:

Now we watch for the cleaner to go all flop bot on us and one of us has to go flip it off the cord with the pool brush on a regular basis.

It's a lot easier than cleaning the pool myself though!! :goodjob: I'll have to go get a pic of it in the daytime.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.